Work Permit for Non-Citizen Skilled Contracted Workers [Commonly known as “Time Post”]
Work Permit for a “non-citizen skilled contracted worker” means a Permit granted to a non-citizen to be employed by a locally established business, organization or institution. Authority is under Section 9(2)(c) of the Immigration Act, 2003.
- A properly filled in application in the official form provided by the Immigration Department.
- A letter of request from the employer and a company profile.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s passport/s (bio-data page).
- Two certified photographs.
- Curriculum Vitae [CV] along with Certified copies of academic qualifications and references for proof of work experience.
- Contract of Employment.
- If accompanied by family members [Proof of relationship to be submitted];
Marriage Certificate [If legally married]
Birth Certificate [Children]
- Where applicable, a clipping of the advertisement in the local newspaper.
- A complete list of locals short listed for the job, their qualifications, and reasons as to why they were not considered suitable for the job.
- Where applicable, the name of a local (Fiji citizen) understudy and the relevant training program/plan is to be also submitted.
- Police reports for the applicant from the country of citizenship and/or residence where he/she has lived for twelve (12) months or more in the last ten (10) years.
- Police reports for spouse and for child if over 18 years [If applicable].
- Medical report conducted within three (3) months or less from the date of application.
- Medical reports for spouse and for child [If applicable].
- The requisite fee. [FJD ………]
Download Application for a Permit to Work Form