Do I need a Visa?
Nationals of the following countries are NOT required to obtain visa before entering Fiji as visitors.
Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands [NZ passport holder] Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Commonwealth Dominica, Estonia, The federal Republic of Germany, The federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Holy See (Vatican), Hong Kong [SAR] Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Serbia, Slovak Republic, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Visa will be issued on arrival in Fiji on the condition that the bearer holds:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from intended date of arrival into Fiji.
- Return or Outbound tickets;
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay. e.g Bank statements and or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation
- Re-entry/entry visa to a country other than their own (for example: passport holders of countries listed above residing in India must produce a valid re-entry visa for India).
Nationals of the above visa-exempt countries are granted a visitor permit valid for up to (4) months on arrival. Extensions to the permit may be granted on application/payment of fees for a maximum of two (2) more months, provided applications are made before the expiry of the initial permit.
Nationals NOT from the visa exempted countries listed above MUST apply for a visitor’s visa before entering Fiji.
The decision on visa applications is made by the Fiji Department of Immigration; all Visa applications received at the High Commission are sent to Fiji for processing. Normal processing times for correctly completed visa applications is generally a minimum of 10 working days from receipt. The Fiji High Commission issues visas upon the sole approval from the Fiji Department of Immigration.
Applicants are to ensure that all the information required on the application form is completed in full and that all required documents are attached to the form
There are two different classification of pre-entry visas issued: Single Entry Visa and Multiple Entry Visa.
The function and business of the Visa section is regulated and is governed by:
PART 3 Sections 7 of the Immigration Act 2003;
PART 2 Sections 3, 4, 5 & 6 of the Immigration Regulations 2007
Requirements for issue of Pre-entry Visas:
- Correct and Fully completed official Fiji Visa Application Form [The applicant must clearly state the reason for visiting and duration of time spends]
- Two  recent coloured passport size photographs [one (1) photo to be certified]
- Original or certified copy of valid passport bio-data page
- Consent letter from spouse [if married and traveling alone]
- Consent from parents [for 18 years and under] and traveling alone
- Leave letter [if employed]
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay. e.g Bank statements and or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months.
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket
- Sponsor letter [ if a Fiji citizen or local company/organization is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking of the person for the duration of his period]
- Proof of approved visa and onward ticket [if applicant is traveling to the next country of destination after Fiji]
- FJ$91.00 Single Entry Visa
- FJ $180.00 Multiple Entry Visa
- Completed applications are to be sent to the:
High Commission of the Republic of Fiji
C-1/10 Vasant Vihar
New Delhi – 110057
It takes maximum period of 10 working days to process visa applications from the date of receipt by the Visa Officer. The delay in processing may occur when the applications submitted are incomplete or further clarification, additional documentation or verification of documents are required.
Children/persons under the age of 18 who are travelling without their parents/legal guardian, please submit copies of the following documents, which have been certified by a Justice of the Peace:
- A Parental Consent Form duly completed by parents/legal guardian and
- If travelling with your family it is advisable that you carry with you certified copies of your marriage certificate and birth certificate of children (below the age of 18) travelling with you.
Download Application forms and guidance