CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY
Certificates of Identity (CI) are issued by this Mission to Fiji citizens living or travelling in Indiawhose passports have expired or are lost and need to travel to Fiji on emergency cases only.In this respect, Fiji citizens are advised to always keep their passports valid and to RENEW THEIR PASSPORTS SIX (6) MONTHS BEFORE THEY EXPIRE.
Requirements for an application for a Certificate of Identity:
- Completed application form.
- Three (3) recent passport size photographs (only 1 of which must be witnessed by a NotaryPublic).
- Requisite Fees.
- Original Birth Certificate. A photocopy is NOT acceptable.
- Original Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants who wish to use a last name which differs from that shown in birth certificate).
- Police report if passport is stolen.
- Letter of explanation for application for a Certificate of Identity.
- $133.00 FJD.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL PASSPORT HOLDERS TO RENEW OR MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A NEW PASSPORT UPON EXPIRY OF THE PASSPORT, WHICH THEY ARE HOLDING. EMERGENCIES HAPPEN AT ANY TIME AND PERSONS WITH PASSPORTS THAT HAVE EXPIRED FOR OVER THREE MONTHS AND NOT RENEWED SHOULD NOT EXPECT TO BE ISSUED A CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY OVERNIGHT OR AT SHORT NOTICE. CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY ARE VALID FOR A YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE AND ARE NOT RENEWABLE. MOREOVER, THEY ARE ISSUED TO AN APPLICANT ONCE ONLY. HOLDERS OF CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY SHOULD MAKE APPLICATIONS TO THE DIRECTOR OF IMMIGRATION IN FIJI FOR ISSUANCE OF NEW PASSPORTS. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE PASSPORT ACT, NO PERSONS MAY EXIT FIJI WITH CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY.